2022 GRASSY WATERS PRESERVE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
City of West Palm Beach (WPB) and Grassy Waters Conservancy (Conservancy)
Contest opens 2/1/2022: Please visit this URL to enter: https://www.gogophotocontest.com/2022grassywatersphoto
The contest is intended to showcase the natural environment and diversity in/of Grassy Waters Preserve (Preserve) by amateur photographers. Photographs should reflect the subject and scene as it actually appeared. There are four (4) adult categories and a separate Youth category. Images can be taken with any photographic device (traditional camera, smartphone, iPad, etc.).
HOW TO ENTER:
- The entry period is February 1, 2022 through February 28, 2022.
- Entries can only be submitted through the Conservancy contest website.
- Each adult photographer may submit up to ten (10) images.
- The adult entry fee is ten dollars ($10) per image and is a tax-deductible donation to the Conservancy.
- Youth photographers may submit up to three (3) images. There is no fee for youth entries.
- All images must be in digital JPEG format.
JUDGING AND AWARDS:
- The four (4) Adult categories or the Youth category are:
- Landscape: plants, scenic, water and weather.
- Wildlife: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and insects.
- Black and White: black and white images.
- Closeup/Macro: landscape, wildlife, or black and white images.
- Youth: photographers under age 14 on February 1, 2022, affirmed by an adult when entering.
- Judging will be by a professional photographer, and Preserve and Conservancy contest staffs. The professional photographer may move an image to a different category.
- The professional photographer will select the “Grand Prize” image; 1st, 2nd and 3rd place images in each category; and several additional Honorable Mention images.
- The Preserve staff will select the “Nature Center’s Choice” for the Preserve’s annual poster.
- A “People’s Choice” winner will be selected by voting on the adult entries only. Votes on Youth entries will NOT be counted and any money paid considered a donation to the Conservancy.
- The winning and honorable mention images will be printed and exhibited at the Preserve. Other exhibitions of the photos and prizes for their photographers will be announced.
- The photographer affirms that each photo was taken in/of the Preserve. Solid Waste Authority land and trails are NOT part of the Preserve. The official map is available on the Conservancy website.
- The contest is for amateur photographers only. Professionals are NOT eligible and their entries will be deemed ineligible. A professional is someone (i) with a significant income from photography or videography (ii) or has been previously identified as a professional.
- If a previous contest winner or honorable mention photo is entered it will be deemed ineligible.
- If an entry contains the image of a person(s) the person(s) should NOT be able to be identified or the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- If an image contains any information identifying the photographer it will be deemed ineligible.
- Digitally enhanced or manipulated images beyond cropping; and minor color, saturation, contrast, and sharpening adjustments will be deemed ineligible.
- Panoramas will be deemed ineligible.
- An entry deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of the judges, will be disqualified with no entry fee refund.
- The photographers grant perpetual rights to WPB and Conservancy to use entered images without compensation. A reasonable attempt will be made to credit photographers. Photographers retain the copyright of their images
- WPB and Conservancy are not responsible for entries not following the contest rules.
- Only the WPB Preserve staff and Conservancy contest staff are NOT eligible to enter.
- By submitting an entry, the photographer agrees to abide by all contest rules, and waives claims of any kind against the organizers and judges of the contest.
All photo contest questions should be emailed to email@example.com