To our Conservancy members and friends of Grassy Waters we just completed an exciting April 2019.
Our annual photo contest set records and firsts:
- 362 the most entries in the 16-year contest…the old record was 162
- The most money raised…exceeded the total of our first 4 years
- Partnered with the Armory Art Center for a great opening and exhibition
- Partnering with the Mandel Library in West Palm Beach for a second contest exhibition…it will be there for most of May
We received two grants:
- From the Kate Svitek Foundation, when added to a grant from Florida Power and Light, will fully fund our program for children from West Palm Beach summer camps
- From Ibis Charities to acquire an e-bird computer system linked to Cornell University, expanding the Nature Center’s birding activities.
We also concluded our third year hosting interns from Palm Beach State College’s Environmental Science program. This year’s cohort of three students worked on projects investigating the invasive Apple Snail.
If you’re not a Conservancy member, please consider joining so we can continue to grow our programs.
If you’re here year-round try visiting Grassy this summer, it’s greener and wetter…a great time to take photos that will stand out in next year’s contest.
If it’s the end of another season in South Florida for you, thank you for your support and safe travels.