2019 GRASSY WATERS PRESERVE PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
Sponsored by the
City of West Palm Beach (WPB), Grassy Waters Conservancy (GWC)
and Armory Art Center (Armory)
This contest is intended to showcase the natural environment and diversity in Grassy Waters Preserve (Preserve).
HOW TO ENTER:
- The entry period is February 1, 2018, through February 28, 2018.
- Entries must be submitted through the GWC contest website org.
- Each photographer may submit up to ten (10) images.
- The entry fee is ten dollars ($10) per image and is a tax-deductible donation to GWC.
- All images must be in digital JPEG format.
JUDGING AND AWARDS:
- Photos may be entered in five (5) categories:
- Landscape: plants, scenic, water, and weather.
- Wildlife: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish, and insects.
- Creative: digitally enhanced or manipulated images beyond cropping; and minor color, saturation, contrast, sharpening adjustments and HDR.
- Black and White: all black and white images, except creative images.
- Smartphone: all images taken with a smartphone
- Judging will be by a professional photographer and Preserve and GWC contest staffs (the professional photographer may move an image to a different category).
- The professional photographer will select a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category, a “Best In Show” from the 1st place images, and a number of additional recognized images.
- The Preserve staff will select the “Nature Center’s Choice” for the Preserve’s annual poster.
- A “Peoples Choice” winner will be selected by voting on the GWC website.
- The winning and recognized photos will be printed and exhibited at the Armory and Preserve.
- The winning photographers will also be awarded a group photo shoot at the Preserve.
- Upon submitting a photo the photographer affirms that it was taken in/of the Preserve by the photographer. Solid Waste Authority land and trails are NOT part of the Preserve.
- An entry cannot be a previous winner or recognized photo in a Preserve annual contest.
- The contest is intended for amateur photographers only. A professional is considered someone whose primary income is from photography and is not eligible to enter this contest.
- Entries shall NOT contain the image of a person(s).
- Panoramas are not acceptable.
- The photographer grants perpetual rights to WPB, the Armory and GWC to use entered images without compensation. A reasonable attempt will be made to credit the photographer and the photographer retains their copyright.
- WPB, GWC and the Armory are not responsible for entries not following the contest guidelines and rules.
- Preserve volunteers and contractors, Armory students, and GWC members are eligible to enter.
- Preserve staff, Armory and GWC contest staffs, and contest judges are not eligible to enter.
- An entry deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of the judges will be disqualified with no entry fee refund.
- By submitting an entry the photographer agrees to abide by all contest rules and waives claims of any kind against the organizers and judges of the contest.
All photo contest questions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.